Apply for a CHS Foundation Mini-Grant, Receive up to $1,000 in Funding for Your Chapter to Attend NALC
CHS Foundation Mini-grants
The CHS Foundation will grant up to $1,000 to innovative academic and leadership programs that strengthen student learning and enhance professional development. Examples include: leadership training opportunities, mentorship programs, professional development experiences and student fundraising efforts.NALC is the perfect example of leadership training and professional development experience!
Student eligibility and funding criteria:
- Must be a campus-sanctioned club/organization
- Must have an agricultural-related focus
- Club/organization may receive only one grant per year
- An Advisor must be listed as a contact
- Regular and ongoing club expenses are ineligible
Click Here to submit your Chapter's electronic application.
The CHS Foundation grant review committee meets monthly and is keeping an eye out for grant requests from Alpha Zeta Chapters. They will review them as they are submitted with a turnaround time of about two weeks.
Tips for Filling out the Application:
- Please only submit ONE APPLICATION PER CHAPTER. If you receive funding, its up to your chapter to decide how the money is to be divided up for those members attending NALC.
- At the beginning of the application, there is a drop down menu for application types. You should select "Grant (program/project specific).”
- For the "Name of club/organization” field, please put the following:
"Alpha Zeta ______ Chapter" (i.e. Alpha Zeta Missouri Chapter, Alpha Zeta California Delta Chapter, etc.)
- It is highly recommended to fill out ALL fields of the application, and not just the required ones.
If you have any questions about the Mini-Grants program, please contact Jessie Headrick, Jessie.Headrick@chsinc.com
- A note to AZ from the CHS Foundation: "The applicants must understand funding is not a guarantee so please ask them to take the time to complete the application to the best of their skills. Only proposals of high quality with detailed explanations as to why it is important for their members to receive the funding will be considered.”
About the CHS Foundation
The CHS Foundation is committed to investing in the future of rural America, agriculture and cooperative business through education and leadership development.