I will be flying to NALC:Ithaca, NY is serviced primarily by two airports, Tompkins County Airport in Ithaca and Hancock International Airport in Syracuse.1. Tompkins County Airport, Ithaca, NY (ITH)
- Holiday Inn Shuttle – FREE (however, it is common courtesy to tip the shuttle driver)
- Upon arrival to the airport, guests should call the Holiday Inn directly - (607) 272-1000
- The shuttle is green and white and clearly labeled Holiday Inn.
- Taxis (approximately $10 one way from the airport to the hotel):
- Yellow Cab Company - (607) 277-2227
- Collegetown Cab Incorporated - (607) 588-8888
- Cayuga Taxi - (607) 277-7777
- Ithaca Dispatch - roughly $16 each way per passenger
- TCAT Bus - click "Ride” then "Trip Planner.” You will be asked for an "origin” and "destination.” For "origin” select "airport” and for destination select "Cornell Central Campus.” Then select the date and time you will want to travel and click "search.” You will be directed to "trip results” and obtain a list of options and fares.
2. Hancock International Airport, Syracuse, NY (SYR)
Approximately a 60-90 minute commute to Ithaca, NY
- Ithaca Airline Limousine - $80/person one-way or $110 round trip (this carrier is only recommended for SYR).
- Greyhound Bus - offers transportation from Syracuse to Ithaca (and vice versa) but only during select days and times. Please consult Greyhound for further information.
New York City Area Airports (5+ hour commute to Ithaca)If you plan to fly into one of the New York City airports, you will need to either rent a car or take the Bus to Ithaca. Your travel time from New York City will be a minimum of 5 hours.I will be driving to NALC:
The Conference will be held at the Ithaca Holiday Inn Downtown:
222 South Cayuga Street
Ithaca, NY 14850, United States
View Larger Map
From the New York State Thruway:
-From the West, take Exit 42 onto Route 96 South, then onto Route 79 East.
-From the East, take Exit 34A onto Route I-81 South. Proceed to Exit 12 onto Route 13 South.
From Route 17:
-From the West, take Elmira Exit to Route 13 North and from the East, take Owego Exit to Route 96B North.
Parking: There is limited Onsite parking at the Holiday Inn so additional parking is available at the parking garage located directly across the street on South Cayuga and Clinton Street.