National Alpha Zeta Scholars
|The Alpha Zeta Foundation annually awards a select number of outstanding Alpha Zeta student members scholarships based on scholastic achievement, leadership abilities, character, community service and financial need. The students who apply for the scholarships are the best of the best. The National Alpha Zeta Scholarship Program is funded through the Alpha Zeta Foundation thanks to the continuing generous support of alumni. Contributions to the Alpha Zeta Foundation further the goals and success of outstanding students interested in serving agriculture.
Who can apply? To be considered for a scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Alpha Zeta member in good standing and currently active in your Alpha Zeta chapter.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate or a graduate student with at least one year (two semesters) remaining.
- If currently an undergraduate and pursing an advanced degree, you must provide proof of entrance into an agricultural or veterinary medicine program the following year.
Upload Letters of Recommendation
At least three applicants will be selected to each receive one of the following scholarship awards:
Burkett-Cunningham-Dennis Scholarship: $2,000
G.W. Roach Scholarship: $1,000
Centennial Scholarship: $1,000
*Each Scholarship recipient will also receive up to $500 to cover travel/registration for NALC where they will be recognized at the Awards Banquet.
DEADLINE: Applications and supporting documents must be postmarked or submitted online no later than December 1.
**PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING SCHOLARSHIPS**
Submit Application Online:
You may ONLY submit your Scholarship Application online. The paper form is no longer used or accepted.
Letters of Recommendation
You have two (2) options for submitting your Letters of Recommendations:
1. Mail your letters to the AZ National Office (postmarked by 12/1). Make sure each person writing you a letter has sealed it inside an envelope and signed over the seal before giving to you.
Alpha Zeta Foundation
Attn: Teresa Lee
16020 Swingley Ridge Rd., Suite 300
Chesterfield, MO 63017
2. Save letters as PDF files and submit online. Have the person writing your letter(s) save the completed and signed letter as a PDF, then email the file to you. You may then upload up to three different letters by clicking the "Upload Letters of Recommendation" link above.
A committee of alumni will screen all qualifying applications based on criteria listed below:
|Alpha Zeta offices held, committee work, other activities & plans for future involvement
|Campus, community or other participation & activities
|Goals and future plans
|Evaluation of recommendation letters
|Grades & evaluation of subjects completed
|Honors received for scholarship
|Financial information and other information not listed above
Scholarship Application Checklist:
- Completed Scholarship Application - submitted online
- College Transcript
- At least two letters of recommendation (maximum of three letters of recommendation:
- Advisor or person familiar with your Alpha Zeta involvement
- Community or employer letter of recommendation (required)
- Department or university letter of recommendation (optional)
- Photograph – minimum 300 dpi (publicity purposes only)
- Resume or Curriculum Vita
Scholarships and awards may be sponsored by endowments, memorial gifts or by corporate sponsors. If you are interested in supporting the future of agriculture with an Alpha Zeta scholarship in your name or on behalf of an individual or company, or if you would like to serve on a Foundation committee, please contact us.